The SP Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The SP Club

A tight knit-forum based off of the original SP Club role plays. (:

You are not connected. Please login or register

Won't you join me?

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Won't you join me? Empty Won't you join me? December 15th 2011, 5:52 pm

Melissa(:

Admin

Jenna stared intently into her laptop, using one hand as a resting spot for her head and another to scroll and type. She was comfortably perched in her condo; the one place where she knew she didn't have to worry about being identified. One the computer screen was a list of telephone numbers and names. Of course, this program was not available to all citizens; it was a government contacting system that held every recorded citizen and their contact information. Jenna quickly grabbed a nearby notepad that already had a name etched. Oliver. She clicked a pen and began to quickly write a series of numbers, her eyes switching from the screen to her notepad every few seconds. She sighed and looked at the number after she finished, slowly reaching for her phone in her pocket.

https://thespclub.forumotion.com

2Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 17th 2011, 2:12 pm

Megan

Admin

Oliver Squire sat cross-legged on his bedroom floor, playing a video game. He was clothed in his pajamas, which consisted of a pair of sweatpants. The hem of his boxers was visible just above the sweatpants but Oliver could care less; he was enamored with the violent videogame he played.

He could hear the screaming of his mother from his room. She was fighting with his dad again, that was nothing new. It was no secret to Oliver that they hated each other—or that Mrs. Squire, at least, hated Mr. Squire. Oblivious to Jenna’s gathering his information, Oliver continued to K.O. his opponent, cursing sharply whenever he took a hit. In his mouth rested a lollipop stick, the candy part of which had been chewed off long ago. This was how he usually spent his weekend mornings, until he got hungry.

3Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 17th 2011, 2:37 pm

Melissa(:

Admin

Jenna took a moment to put some use to the GPS system placed in her brain. Oliver was at home. He had been all morning, and hadn't moved much. She could make the guess that he was probably playing video games based upon the information she gathered whilst studying him.
She slowly typed in his number, making sure every number was exact. She began the text message:
Hi Oliver. I am an agent from the government that specializes in assisting the gifted humans. I have a special job opportunity for you that makes a high salary. Meet me at the coffee shop on 12th avenue if you would like to discuss.

Jenna sent the message with another sigh. There was no way she could tell him her real name. There wasn't a guarantee he would join her and if he had her name, she would be screwed out of her job.

4Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 17th 2011, 5:01 pm

Megan

Admin

Oliver felt a foreign vibration in his pocket. That was funny, people didn’t usually text him. In fact, he was almost positive that Nikki was the only person who he’d given his number to. He opened the cheap phone and read the message. His face did not change, even as his player on screen died a painful death. that makes a high salary had gathered his attention immediately, and Oliver shot up, shutting down his game. He grabbed his leather jacket, threw it over his shoulders, kicked on a ruined pair of sneakers, and exited his room, slipping outside while his parents argued.

The Squire home looked nice from the outside, but the inside was a different story. Oliver walked away from the one floor home and kept glancing at his phone—he kept forgetting which avenue he was going to. He kept getting odd glances, considering his lack of a shirt and loose sweatpants, but he didn’t care. After some time, Oliver saw 12th avenue and turned onto it, spotting the quaint little coffee shop. The tall boy entered it, gave the man operating the booth an odd look, and sat himself down at a table in the back, looking around for a tall man clad in black (as that was what he was expecting, after reading the title ‘government agent’.)

5Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 18th 2011, 1:35 am

Melissa(:

Admin

Jenna drove to the coffee shop in her surprisingly modest car; a black Chevy Impala. She opened her compact and quickly fixed her lipstick. She wore a pair of black jeans and a tan sweater with a pearl necklace. She entered the coffee shop with a hint of confidence in her gait. Immediately she scoped out the tall boy. Jenna began to think of whether he would recognize her from before or not, but gave him a seemingly sincere smile.
"Hello, Oliver." She greeted him, holding her hand out to shake his.

6Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 18th 2011, 7:33 am

Megan

Admin

Oliver's purple eyes narrowed dangerously as he saw the girl. She was prettyy, blonde, and curvy-- but oddly familiar. No matter how hard he thought he couldn't quite place it, however, and he settled for folding his arms over his chest.
"You look familiar. So, what's this about money?" He asked, quite obvously not shaking her hand.

7Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 18th 2011, 12:33 pm

Melissa(:

Admin

Jenna took her hand back and crossed her arms. Her smile turned into a smirk, "So eager to get to the point are we?" She sat down across from him and stared intently into his eyes, "Do you remember me?" She asked, tilting her head a little.

8Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 18th 2011, 12:56 pm

Megan

Admin

"Only vaugly." Oliver replied, staring into her eyes. That did nothing. It asn't until he noted her figure that he put it together.
"You're that weird lady who stalked us through the vents, right? Oh, also, you're paying for my coffee right?" Oliver said, looking at the waitors, wanting a coffee.

9Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 18th 2011, 3:00 pm

Melissa(:

Admin

Jenna let out a halfhearted laugh, "Weird lady who stalked you." She repeated, "I am Agent 9." She said, her voice softening. She motioned for a waiter, "Two coffees on me." She said, not taking her eyes off of Oliver.
The waiter left and Jenna continued to talk, "I hope you have no hard feelings. I just do work for the government and they pay me a high salary. However, I need an assistant." She took a look at her fingernails that were painted dark red, "You are gifted. That is why you are in the SPC. But the SPC is just a club for slaves to the government. Wouldn't you rather get paid for your hard efforts?"

10Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 20th 2011, 5:16 am

Megan

Admin

Oliver didn't laugh when she did. He rested an elbow on the table ahd his chin in his palm, listening to what she said. So, she needed an assistant? What for?
"Couldn't the government just appoint you one?" he inquired. Although he was really being turned on by the money. No other thought, really, was in his mind. "Why me, too? I look like a poor country bumkin?"

11Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 20th 2011, 9:40 pm

Melissa(:

Admin

"The government does not like appointing people to work with private agents like myself." Jenna began to explain, "They would much rather me hand pick who I work with, so they know there won't be trouble between the two."
The waiter placed two mugs off coffee onto the table along with a pot of creamer. Jenna simply drank hers black, "I want somebody who is serious. Somebody who isn't distracted by the silliness of friends and social gatherings. Somebody who knows what they want and is capable of obtaining it."

Meanwhile, Alice walked down the same street: 12th Ave. Her headphones were placed firmly around her head. She hummed quietly to the upbeat tune coming from the device. She was meeting a group of friends from choir for a brunch. She walked by the coffee place and caught something in her corner of her eye. Oliver! He was with a girl; that seemed strange. Alice stopped at took a closer look. The girl looked so familiar.
She stepped back a little, at the realization of who it was, "No way..." She whispered to herself, turning her ipod off and getting her phone out. What was Oliver doing with her? Alice began to text Nikki, "I just saw something that might be bad news."

12Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 21st 2011, 4:57 am

Megan

Admin

Oliver thought about it. "Wait. I've got friends. Sorta. Besides, the last I was told, the government is helping out the SP club. If I did help you, does that mean i'd quit the club?" Oliver sounded like regardless of her answer, he was going to go for the money. He spoke slowly. He was not very good at thinking these things through, but something told him this was a situation that required some thought.

Nikki, who was sweeping her kitchen floor, felt a vibration in her pocket. SHe took her phone out and read the text. Nikki was not one for texting much, but she had gotten the phone upon being appointed in charge of the SP club. She replied: What do you see, Alice?

13Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 21st 2011, 7:53 pm

Melissa(:

Admin

Jenna nodded slowly, "Yes, you would have to leave. The job would require all the time you spend now in the SPC, and unfortunately there aren't enough hours in the day to juggle both." She had not been paying attention to her GPS very well and Alice went unnoticed by her.

Alice pattered away on her phone: Oliver is with that blonde agent chick at the coffee shop, and they seem to be getting along. She had sat herself down on the bench outside of the cafe, hidden from anybody inside.

14Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 24th 2011, 7:27 am

Megan

Admin

"Does that mean I can quit school, too?" Oliver asked, his eyes lighting up. He loathed school. He hated the teachers who thought they were better than him just because he hated wearing shirts and failed all their tests. He was liking this offer more and more, and the fact that he'd need to leave the SP club wasn't that big of a blow to him.

Nikki blinked, then replied: Really? The blonde woman who attacked us in the vents? Alice, is it possible for you to get close enogh to hear what they're saying, or..? she sent.

15Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 24th 2011, 10:42 am

Melissa(:

Admin

Jenna smiled warmly, "You can do whatever it is you need." She said, a type of evil and mischief sparkled in her blue eyes.

Alice anxiously looked into the window, then back at her phone. She pressed the side of her face up to the window and heard a mixture of conversation. It wasn't long before she picked up the voice of Jenna.

"I will give you as much time as you desire to make up your mind, Oliver." Jenna continued, looking at him more seriously, "Unless you have already made a decision?"

Alice heard exactly what Jenna said and blinked at her phone: Agent 9 said something about Oliver making a decision of some sort...

16Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 25th 2011, 5:55 pm

Megan

Admin

Oliver shrugged his shoulders. "I'll go with you right now. It's not like I really care. I only joined that club because I was forced to. If I can make money without sitting in class for six hours a day, I'll do it." Oliver did not catch the evil glint in her eyes, nor did he quite care about her intentions. All he saw was the money.

Nikki blinked. What kind of decision... do you know what he replied with? she sent back, not liking how the situation was looking.

17Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 26th 2011, 4:29 pm

Melissa(:

Admin

Jenna's smile didn't fade, "Excellent! I knew you were a smart boy." She dug through her purse and pulled out a small binder. She looked up at Oliver and studied him for a moment, taking a deep breath. Inside the binder was information for new agents along with some paperwork. Jenna handed it to him, "Reading this is important. It won't take you more than thirty minutes. It has everything you need to know, plus important papers that need to be filled out."

Alice's heart dropped upon hearing what Oliver had to say. She replied: I think he just quit the SPC and joined Agent 9...
Alice looked inside once more and saw that Agent 9 was getting up out of her seat.

Jenna turned and looked at Oliver one last time, "Now...make sure that nobody sees that." She winked, gesturing at the binder. She began to walk towards the exit. Alice scurried around the corner, into an ally way where Agent 9 wouldn't be able to see her.

18Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 27th 2011, 10:24 am

Megan

Admin

Oliver took the binder, his face falling upon seeing that reading was required. And papers to fill out. What the heck was this, anyway?

Agent nine left. Indifferently, Oliver opened the binder and started skimming through the information, his attention never quite grabbed. He flipped to the papers, his frown deepening. Couldn't he just do whatever they told him to do and get paid for it? He nodded halfheartedly at her command not to let anyone see it.

--

What? Oliver had joined the government? Nikki ran her palm down her face and replied. Really? Can you find out why... what's he doing now. Is he going to an agency or something?

19Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 27th 2011, 10:18 pm

Melissa(:

Admin

Jenna walked quickly to her car, noticing in her GPS that Alice was nearby. She looked around, debating on whether or not to confront the girl. She decided against it, for it might rise suspicion. She peeled out of the parking lot and went on her way.

Alice pressed herself up against the wall: She just drove off. I think Oliver is still in the cafe. She gave him a binder thing. Should I talk to him about it?

20Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 28th 2011, 7:46 am

Megan

Admin

Nikki replied: Yeah. Go and do it. Maybe he'll talk to you?

Oliver continued to skim the information about the agents. Some of it was interesting, but he was never one for reading, anyway. He continued to drink his already paid-for coffee, wishing it was soda.

21Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 28th 2011, 11:36 am

Melissa(:

Admin

Alice read Nikki's message and took a deep breath. She slowly emerged from the alley way and into the coffee shop. She lid in the seat across from Oliver, "Hi there!" She chirped, doing her best to shove away all nervousness in her voice.

Jenna decided it was best to keep track of Alice. She noticed that she had moved into the coffee shop and was near Oliver.
"Shit." Jenna verbalized, slamming on her breaks and turning the car around. She didn't want to enter the coffee shop and possibly make matters worse. For all she knew, it was only coincidental that Alice happened to spot Oliver there. She parked her car in front of the coffee shop and watched from a distance.

22Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 28th 2011, 11:43 am

Megan

Admin

Oliver looked up when Alice entered the cafe and slowly closed the binder, quirking a brow at her. Why was she here?
"Why are you here?" He voiced his inquiry. His tone was not suspicious, but suprised. "The coffee here kind of sucks, by the way." He mentioned, finishing the one Jenna had bought for him.

23Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 28th 2011, 11:50 am

Melissa(:

Admin

Alice shifted her eyes, "I was supposed to meet some choir friends and I saw you here and decided to stop and say hi." She said, keeping her smile as real looking as possible. She moved her eyes towards the binder, "Whatcha got there?" She asked, pointing to it subtly.

24Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 29th 2011, 8:48 am

Megan

Admin

Oliver frowned. "Hi." He noticed her attention on the binder and he shrugged. "It's information for my new job. I'm quitting school, and i'm also resigning from that club thing. Tell Nikki for me."

Oliver stared at Alice, his expression a neutral frown.

25Won't you join me? Empty Re: Won't you join me? December 29th 2011, 10:42 pm

Melissa(:

Admin

Alice blinked a few times, "Quitting sch-and the SPC?" Even though the news wasn't exactly new to her, her stomach dropped once more, "What's so important about this job that apparently you have to quit everything for?" She asked, timidly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum